Kawai's University program

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 08 Mar 1995 09:22:03 -0600

At  2:50 PM 3/7/95 -0700, Bob Simmons wrote:
>I was notified that we'll be meeting with the Kawai people today, about
>their program to put Kawai's in our University. If any of you are familiar
>with this program, I'd appreciate hearing your opinions and what kind of
>problems I might need to expect, along with any advantages. I'm not that
>familiar with the program. Our chair is hoping, mostly to replace a lot of
>old Wurlitzer studios in the practice rooms. . .which sounds like a pretty
>good idea to me, but I don't know if the dealer insists on doing the
>maintenance, if they end up eliminating our good pianos too, etc.
>
>If you want to share anything that you feel might not be appropriate for
>this list, write me at:

        And likewise, I hope that you will share how the details of this
arrangement evolve. We looked into this program a few years ago and I was
given the impression that it really amounted to little more than a sales
discount program. For reasons still not clear to me, the negotiations
disolved before I could ever confirm the accuracy of that first impression.
Good luck, I'll be waiting to hear the details.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College
johnsond@stoalf.edu