Buzzing Agraffes

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 14:16:31 -0400 (EDT)

     All,

     I agree fully with Dennis Johnson's reply on this subject.

     Quite a few years ago I was called out to solve this problem on a new
     piano. I recommended replacing the aggraffes, but the manufacturer
     (who shall remain unnamed) would not pay for the job. They sent
     someone else out who jimmied around with the wires enough to clear up
     the buzzes.  This made the owner think I was just being greedy at
     first, but that didn't last long.

     As you can imagine, a month later the buzzes were back and the
     manufacturer still wouldn't pay for the agraffe job. Owner got smart
     and traded up.

     One of those lessons I learned before changing to the other side of
     the fence.

     I haven't used the reamers, but I have heard good things about them. I
     have always replaced bad agraffes.

     Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com