buzzing agraffes

richard west rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 19:22:48 -0500 (CDT)

Since agraffe problems have come up, I've heard agraffes can buzz.
I've never run into the problem but it seems to me that there is too much
tension on an agraffe to allow the base or threads to buzz against the
plate.  I know "buzzes" can come from poorly leveled strings, but I
wouldn't call that an agraffe buzz.  Anyone out there fixing agraffe
buzzes?

I want to add that I really enjoy and appreciate pianotech, tangents
and all (to say nothing of cosines, sines, and an occassional piece of
the pi).

Richard West
University of Nebraska