Food & Beverages

Joseph Vitti JVITTI@ccmail.sunysb.edu
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 12:26:47 -0400 (EDT)

                       Stony Brook, NY

                                            Joseph Vitti
                                            Piano Technician
                                            Music
                                            516 632-7330
                                            27-Jun-1995 12:17pm EDT
FROM:  JVITTI
TO:    Remote Addressee                     ( _Pianotech@byu.edu )

Subject: Food & Beverages

A While back I posted some info abouut a new product from Protek. It has to do
with this very problem of liquids and pianos. In my 12 yrs. at Stony Brook I've
never been successful at preventing students from using pianos as a buffet
table or snack tray. The product from Protek is a polymer that will prevent
liquids from damaging keys and action parts should a spill occur. Kinda like
"Scotch Guarding" the action. I've submerged keys in water for a hour with no
sticking when I returned them to the piano. It will work for coke, coffee or
whatever. If you can't stop people from being reckless with expensive pianos,
at least you can avoid a hefty repair job.

Joe Vitti
SUSB Piano Technician
Protek Lubricants