Interesting Reference

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 07:23:13 -0400

Hello all,

I just downloaded an interesting file from my server (America On-Line).  I
found a file labeled piantung.zip which contains the text (minus pictures) of
a book called "Strictly Tuning" by Ron Van Hoose (who I don't find in the PTG
directory.)  This "course" says that it includes everything that one needs to
know in order to learn to tune any piano or start your own piano tuning
business.  Now maybe I'm just a slow learner, but as a second generation
technician, a member of the Guild for a number of years and a perpetual
student,  the process seems just a little bit more complicated than can be
contained in one book (even Professor Jorgenson's "Tuning").  Any thoughts?

Also, if you register with the author, you can receive a certificate of
completion upon completing the course.

Just thought y'all might want to know.

BTW, hope to see the faces that belong to a lot of these screen names in
Albuquerque

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College