key ratio

Vince Mrykalo REEVESJ@ucs.byu.edu
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 20:25:25 +0000 (MST7MDT)

> Date:          Thu, 22 Jun 1995 09:36:37 -0600 (MDT)
> From:          Tcoates@aol.com
> Subject:       Re: key ratio
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <pianotech@byu.edu>

> Dennis Johnson wrote:
>
>   Has anyone ever moved heels on Steinway wippens?
>
> My reply:
>
> There have been references to doing this.  It seems even David Stanwood has
> mentioned it several times.  But no one has said how they do it.  I'm
> curious, too.
>
> Tim Coates

I have moved heels before by band sawing them off, sanding the
surfaces slightly, and then supergluing them back on.

---
Vince Mrykalo  rpt

Wish to be considered to know nothing: and if you shall
seem to some to be a person of importance, distrust yourself-
Epictetus