Piano to Univ tech formula

PianoGuru@aol.com PianoGuru@aol.com
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 01:01:27 -0400

In a message dated 95-06-09 01:22:33 EDT, Jim Harvey wrote:

>Is there a formula (in pianos, students, faculty, or whatever) for
>determining when a college/university needs a part-time >technician instead
of situational subcontracting?

About 7 or 8 years ago I condicted a survey of C & U Tech's.  Results
included #'s of pianos per tech in full-time, part-time, and contract
situations, demographics, etc.  If there is interest, I can post the results
of this survey or E-mail to individuals.  The results, of course, contain
statistical information, nothing on specific institutions.  It is also
somewhat outdated, being nearly a decade old.

Frank Emerson
Baldwin R & D
(formerly Supervisor of Kybd Ser, Ball State U.)