cracking up?

Larry Fisher larryf@pacifier.com
Wed, 07 Jun 1995 23:28:58 -0700 (PDT)

> cheap fix? The client has little money & cannot afford to replace the piano
> at this time.
> Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
> Dan Rue, RPT

Well  Dan, I've run into a few cracked plates over the years.  They all
have the same response......untunable.  The time you spend chasing out of
tune notes on a piano with a cracked plate could be spent tuning pianos
for people that have a piano that is tunable.

As far as a fix.......I'm exploring that frontier.  There are some new
generation epoxies, brazing/welding rods, cast iron repair alternatives
that weren't there a few years ago.  It may be awhile before I get to
that though.  No cheap fixes that I'm aware of at the moment Dan.

--- Larry Fisher RPT, Portland Metro's Authority on PianoDisc Systems
        For more information call (360) 256-2999 in Vancouver, Wa.