Personal injury

Wed, 07 Jun 1995 10:25:31 -0500 (CDT)

> >When I started at IWU I sent a
> >memo to faculty stating the *rules* -snip - snip -
> >
> >Barbara Richmond
> >
> Great Barbara,......I started at the U when I was young and stupid and
> thought that the only way to keep my job was to please everybody......they
> are spoiled now......plus .....they make policy not me...and they will not
> let me forget that.
> William Sadler

Sorry to hear that, Bill, 'cause I felt the same when I started. It
was only after I had surgery on both my wrists and they had to
"import" some tunings/etc. during recovery periods that they had an
approximation of a clue. There should be less painful ways, but it
worked for me!

I've gone to the "in the drawer & out the door at four"  Friday mode for the
student's - and occasionally some faculty - recitals. General exceptions
for harpsichord/fortepiano usage.

After 14 yrs here, I've been able to train the majority of the faculty
in the true ways of technician maintenance, so hang in there...

Only problem now is getting some indication that they realize that
my vacation IS my vacation. I usually try to get out of town,
 but when I don't succeed, and they persuade me to do a concert,
 I charge handsomely for my services. (classified multiple of normal charges)

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     |      ...and when it worked the first time
Luther College             |      I darn near broke my arm patting