Personal injury

Newton Hunt nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
Wed, 07 Jun 1995 08:18:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, William and All,
      Very early on I established a policy that all tunings for
undergraduate recitals would be done on Fridays.  Master, doctoral, faculty
and guest performances would be tuned the day of.  Nontheless, I have had to
tune on too many weekend days, many 7 days a week.
      I have also learned to say *_"NO"_*.  I also say it will be put on
the schedule, stand in line, I have no time for that, and other such lines.
      Any repair work, lyre, music desk, strings, pencils get immediate
priority.  Regulation, voicing and such get to the next burner.  Rebuilding,
strings, pinblocks, etc get to the backest burner.
      It may very well be to the benefit of many people as yourself if a
consensus were posted.  NOONE should be impelled, compelled or otherwise
helled (held?) to work more than two consecutive weekends.  Oh, I know that
may well be unrealistic but it should be a goal.
      I need my weekends to recouperate from the previcous week.
      If I can I will help you further on this matter.
      Sincere comiseration.
            Newton
            nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu