teaching tech wannabe's

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Tue, 06 Jun 1995 21:32:55 -0400

I was asked today to consider teaching a piano tech program at one of the
local colleges where I work.  This would be a part of the college "Jan Plan"
offerings that takes place during the Christmas break.  The course would be
intended for non-technicians, most likely music students (and perhaps even
some of the music faculty).

I'd like to know if anyone here in our group teaches or has taught such a
course, and if so, what would be a reasonable amount of material to cover in
one month.  I don't see myself turning out an army of piano technicians, but
rather view this as an opportunity to educate people so that they may be
better able to talk to their piano technician.

A while back there was a fair amount of discussion about texts used in such a
class.  I'll be checking those too.  Thanks in advance to any and all who
respond to this request.

Gordon Large, RPT
Mt. Vernon, Maine