new

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri, 02 Jun 1995 13:53:23 -0500

On Fri, 2 Jun 1995, Vince Mrykalo wrote:

> This is rediculous.  A free flow of ideas here is paramount.  I
> agree with Gordon Large from VT, and I wouldn't worry about saying
> something that might sound like a sales pitch.  I don't think that
> even needs to be an issue.  Please do not become a lurker, Mr. piano
> guru. Would anyone who was offended please raise your hand.

Holy-moly!  EE-yikes.  Not putting anyone on the spot are you, Vince?

At the risk of being purged from the list <slight genuflection in the
direction of the gentle state of Utah>, I must admit to being guilty of
reading some of the stuff here--stuff from those employed at manufacterers--
with the proverbial grain of salt.  I mean no personal insult or attack
by that, it's just that, in trying to maintain an objective viewpoint,
one must accept that a certain amount of propaganda is bound to be mixed
in with anything that comes from within a manufacturer whether it's a
widget maker or a piano maker. <Taking a deep, cleansing breath after that
over-long sentence.>

<Humor>

When the email starts arriving with colored, glossy brochures attached, I
may become a little less agreeable.  :-)  <== obligatory smiley

<End humor>

Speaking of which:  Has anyone else noticed the sudden increase in
snailmail (for you "newbies," that's how we refer to the mail you get
from the non-electronic postalperson) traffic from various individuals in
the piano industry?  Maybe it's just an active imagination....

Conrad:

Are you serious?  Am. Fed. Musicians?  How can I see that?

Ron Torrella                    "All I wanna do is have some fun..."
Registered Piano Decryptician From _Santa Monica Boulevard_--Cheryl Crow