Fwd: new

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Thu, 01 Jun 1995 17:20:50 -0400

My opinion (my immediate reaction) is that industry reps are welcome to
discuss their company products, so long as it is not done in such a way as to
degrade or condemn another manufacturer.  (i.e. the way Burger King
specifically bases its advertising as NOT being McDonalds)

They aren't directly selling pianos to us here, and any knowledge we get is
welcome (and free!)  I find different perspectives create a 3 dimensional
understanding.  They also have to suffer the scrutiny of everyone reading
their posts.  When someone starts hawking their new 17 foot grand with the
titanium plate and power assisted action, it will be a topic of discussion
here anyway, whether first raised by the industry or we in the trenches.

Gordon Large, RPT
trench guy