Room keys

Mark Story MSTORY@ewu.edu
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 11:19:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi Conrad,

>I was asked by a collegue to write a letter to the powers that be at a
>large school, to enumerate reasons why a master or pass key should be
>issued to a piano technician.

Retorical question for your administration: The custodians have pass keys,
don't they? Do they maintain your pianos while they're in to empty the trash?

"no brainer" is an understatement. Crimony, tell them to get a clue!

If they have particular security concerns, they can recore individual rooms off
the master. We do (however, I have those keys as well, since they also have
equipment that I maintain). One of the secrets (if you haven't found out
already) is to stay on good terms with your department secretary. If she's
good, she can stick a key authorization card under the moving hand of the
Chairman/Dean before he or she knows what they're signing.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA