Bridle Wires

yenniet yenniet@centmail.sw2.k12.wy.us
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:45:25 -0700

                      Subject:                              Time:  9:29 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Bridle Wires                          Date:  8/31/95

Good Morning all!   This past weekend  as I was tuning a few pianos for local
school district I came across a candidate for the "All time Hokey repair"
award.  A few bridle wires were broken at the wippen on an old upright and
instead of replacing them, some technician(?) ahead of me simply glued the
bridle tape to the bottom of the backcheck head.   Interesting isn't it?  To
this end I did replace a couple of the wires (I ran out of replacements), but
I was not satisfied with the result of my labors.  Since I couldn't get the
darn ends of the wires out of the wippens I ended up drilling a hole in the
wippen as close to the original site as possible and set the new wires in the
holes.   Does anybody out there have an efficient repair method for broken
bridle wires?