humidity

Newton Hunt nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 09:29:17 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings to All, (whomever that may be),
      Here in New Jersey the humidity is 86% in summer and around 15% in
winter.  In the winter I tune to 440.  In August I tune to 442 or 442.5.
      I do NOT change pitch of our two hall Ds at Rutgers.
      I tune for the New Brunswick State Theatre which is our local concert
hall, an old converted movie house from the 20's with wonderful acoustics,
and if an artist or orchestra wants 442 they pay an additonal $100 for the
pitch change since the next day or month it will have to be tuned to 440.
This fee is only partly wage time, the rest is punitive.
      I HATE pitch lowering!
            Newton
            nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu

P.S.  The flute and bassoon teachers get their piano tuned to 440.00 every
time regardless of the season.  The bassoon instructor has a Dampp Chaser
system installed = less work for me, longer stability for him.