bass str. space pblm (I'm almost done!)

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 22:05:43 -0400

      >Question, was the original hole location causing a problem or are you
just creating a problem for yourself.  Something on the line of, "If it ain't
broke don't fix."<

Hi Newton,

Rain? What's that?

To answer your question, the original hole location is the root of this whole
mess.  There are 6 tuning pins in the upper row of the bass section that are
far enough to the right that the strings wrap around the lower tuning pins.
 They are bad enough that I'm going to have to enlarge the hole in the plate.
 I'm putting my faith in Wally Brooks statement that the plate is full of
holes, so a few more wont hurt.  (I can't believe this got out of the factory
like this!)

I'm not sure whether I'll just space the upper pins or split the difference
between all pins involved.  I suppose that will be determined by how severe
the angles of the strings over the nut are.

(BTW Newton, have you ever met a pianist down your way by the name of Jack
Ervin?)

Gordon