Backs and Hammers

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Sun, 27 Aug 1995 05:29:07 -0400

I have had my share of lower back problems.  15 years ago I spent two weeks
in traction and four months not working.  Now, perhaps the most important
tool for my back is the ensolite pad I sit on.

Sitting on a hard bench all day is hard on the back.  Just that pad changes
how long I can sit on a bench.  My pad is just small enough to fit into my
breifcase size tool case.

I became ambidextreous (sp?) to help the upper back, arms and wrists.
 Constant use of the same muscles causes fatigue.  By changing the way the
muscles are used periodically,  they hurt less and stay stronger.  My tunings
are faster and more stable , also.

I also use a hammer that has a ball on the end.  Not the Wonder Wond.  My
hammer is about 10 years old and came from the  now defunct Ford Supply.
 There was a discussion about hammers with balls on the end on Pianotech
about a year ago.  You might check the archives for that information.

Tim Coates
University of Bob