harpsichord scale

Barb Richmond brichmon@titan.iwu.edu
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 08:41:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,  Happy getting ready for the fall semester to begin!

Here at Illinois Wesleyan we have a little, two manual 5'3" Neupert
harpsichord, 2-8's and 1-4', that has had a multitude of strings
replaced.  I suspect that some strings were replaced with whatever was
handy--not necessarily the correct type of wire or size. Shucks, I don't
suspect, I *know*, since I know I'm guilty of it because I haven't had a
good supply of wire in my inventory. Ah, but I've changed my ways--I joined
a 12-step group for people who wish to overcome their tendency to have
inadequate supplies harpsichord wire in stock. So, would anyone out there
happen to know the stringing scale for this particular instrument?

Thanks!

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois