Beginning Tech: Upright Reg. - Hammer Blocking

DAVander@aol.com DAVander@aol.com
Sun, 20 Aug 1995 16:16:20 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I have a Beginning Tech question about the regulation of a console piano
action.  There are about five or six hammers that block against the strings
when they are given a hard blow.  At lower volume levels they work fine, but
when a test blow is given the hammers block.

Does anyone have an idea as to what may cause this condition?  I surmise that
perhaps the jack is not tripping out from under the hammer butt when it
connects with the let-off button, but I don't know why this may be.

Thanks for your help!

David A. Vanderhoofven
davander@aol.com
Joplin, MO
Associate Member, Kansas City Chapter PTG