Re RE Re Friction

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth_Sloane@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 08:49:58 -0400

                      Subject:                              Time:  8:49 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Re RE Re Friction                     Date:  8/11/95

 OFFICE MEMO         Re: Re Re Re Friction                     Date:  8/9/95

>>Ken Sloane wrote:
>>  Even more confusing is how the hell
>>  we would begin to measure these "varying" friction levels when playing.
>>
>--------------------------
>
>Dan Squire replied:
>No problem.  First get information on the acceleration.
>Then do a combined static- and inertia-force analysis.
>
>Ken's Reply:
>Do we need the Oak Ridge Laboratory to do this?

Dan's Reply:
      I don't think so, with a little creativity this
can be done in a garage.  I'm feeling rather sporty so
I'll use the lab.  I'm taking the liberty of ordering
some accelerometers.  I'm having to order a few different
models of accelerometers because I have absolutely no
idea of what g range I'll be dealing with.  Do you
have any idea of what the g range is?  This sounds
like a job for the G-man.  I'll be happy to share my
results.
      <<<< This is good information for those
           who are interested in the velocities. >>>>>>

Dan Squire
University of Houston
      -geeeee-

Do keep us informed!! By the way, how much does an accelerometer cost? I
suspect it's not an Ace Hardware item.

Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory