Hamburg re-stringing question?

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Mon, 07 Aug 1995 09:02:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, John Minor wrote:

>     We are restringing our Hamburg D and someone mentioned that the
> wire sizes marked on the plate don't correspond to wire sizes as usual.
> Something about European wire having slightly different dimension. Can
> anyone verify this?

      It's true. Ray Chandler has all the information about it. Uh,
don't you, Ray? Ray?

Steve Brady, RPT        "The most expert and rapid tuners are...
University of Washington       possessed of a highly excitable,
sbrady@u.washington.edu        nervous, and emotional temperament,
                         verging on the border of insanity at times."
                              -Daniel Spillane, The Tuner's Guide