Listserv at Prairienet

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Sat, 05 Aug 1995 23:51:13 -0600

>I am a veteran piano technician who has never joined PTG...
>should I be excluded unless I join?

If it's an open list for working technicians then of course not. We do not
exclude non-members from our chapter meetings, conventions or social
gatherings either.

>I have gained immeasureable benifits from being on this list...I also
>forward some postings to my apprentice.

It's been a valuable resource, which I'm sure will continue in one form or
another.

>Almost all WWW sites were founded by University types...is Joe Schmoe
>excluded?

Not anymore... Until recently we/they were though. I have several pages of
my own up now, a priviledge which wasn't open to me until recently when the
Internet went public.

>I love the rich gamut from erudite to mundane...not knowing what I might
>see is what keeps it interesting!

I know I always look forwad to opening my mailbox. I've already collected
several hundered kilobytes of information gleaned from here and I'm sure
that will continue.

>Through it all I am stimulated and learning!

Me too... the cost of an Internet connection is worth it just for the list
and the private email it generates.

                John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com              sysop@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca