L&H scale info

Jeff Stickney jpage@selway.umt.edu
Wed, 02 Aug 1995 10:18:29 -0600 (MDT)

     I am about to start stringing a Lyon & Healy BB grand, and even
though I took measurements of the plain wire when I removed the strings,
the scale doesn't seem to make a lot of sense (or else my measurements
weren't consistent - a problem with old rusty strings).  If anyone has a
L&H BB or a source for the scale of one please send me scale info so I
can compare what I have to yours.  Please email me direct as opposed to
sending to the whole list.
     Another querry - I have bought Roslau wire from Pacific Piano in the
past.  I know American has it also but are there other sources for Roslau
wire?  Are ther other preferences for wire (e.g. Mapes, etc.), and if I
do switch brands, is it ok to mix and match brands on the same piano - in
other words how do I use up the roslau?  Thanks. Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana jpage@selway.umt.edu