Re Listserv

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth_Sloane@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Wed, 02 Aug 1995 09:48:35 -0500

                      Subject:                              Time:  9:26 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Re Listserv                           Date:  8/2/95

In my last posting I said that I thought two lists were inevitable. I feel
this way primarily because of what Jack has told me about our current
relationship with BYU and from conversations with current members about topic
diversity. I personally do not object to the one list for all format (people
seem to identify topics well when posting and deleting is certainly easy), but
we should make some decisions soon so that we  don't find ourselves without a
home.

Why not move the network to another listserv where growth will present no
problem. To make matters easier for such a switch, several people have already
offered to take us in. If we do that and everyone seems happy, then a second
list will probably never be conceived. If a second list does appear and it
does not provide a special need that the "other" list  cannot, it will
naturally die.

Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory