OFF-LINE READER

ron.berry@thewheel.com ron.berry@thewheel.com
Sun, 30 Oct 1994 09:10:23 +0000

CC>Thanks for the offer to send the zip file of your reader software.  I
CC>have not yet looked for it on the BBSs I frequent but if I can't locate
CC>a copy I'll gladly take you up on that!
CC>
CC>Alan Crane, RPT
CC>Wichita State University
CC>crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu

Alan,

I remembered that most of these readers are set up to work with QWK files.
The bulletin board itself has to work with that format.  It creates the QWK
packet and then zips it with PKZip.  If you have internete connection
through your university you'll have to find out whether QWK packets would
work.  The other way I was managing the mail was to use the capture mode on
crosstalk.  This captures all the mail to one text file.  The problem is
that it doesn't keep the messages separate and makes looking for one more
difficult.  There are probably other programs that will work with other mail
systems.

Regards,
Ron
Ron Berry
ron.berry@thewheel.com
~~~
 * VbReader 2.01 #NR * A piano is a piano is a piano. Gertrude Steinway.