Reply Ron Torrella

Michael Wathen 556-9565 Michael.Wathen@UC.Edu
Sat, 22 Oct 1994 15:48:00 -0500 (EST)

The best device for tying those hitch pin loops that I have seen is an easy to
make device.  You take an ordinary tuning pin and drill a hole about two
millimeters below the becktett hole.  This hole should accomodate a damper lever
set screw that you would tap into the hole.  The wire to be looped is threaded
through the beckett hole so that approximately 3 or four inches sticks out.  You
take this length and make the round bend about the half way mark with a round
nose pliers.  Then you twist the pin around to catch the tail with the damper
screw.  Once you have caught it you can foce the tail around the string to make
the turns.  Hard to explain but it works.

You remember that Tim Coates?  We used to work together a while ago.  I think I
learned that from my instructor at Western Iowa Tech.  His name was Rhubottom.

Michael Wathen
College Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati