copyright

richard west rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu
Tue, 15 Nov 1994 22:16:32 -0600 (CST)

I have been following the discussion about "zings" etc., and thought
it would be a good topic for an article in our Nebraska chapter
newsletter.  What is the protocol for using material from pianotech?
Is there any copyright protection?  Does anyone object to having their
words of wisdom whisked off the information superhighway and put down
on paper?

I have also been following the "diatribe" discussion with interest.  I
support the direction PTG has been going the past few years.  The only
thing I might add that hasn't already been covered is that the
educational foundation we're laying now will really pay off more and
more in the future.  The skills of the RPT's will be higher and
eventually we'll see a wider variety of articles in the Journal
because the basic materials will be available in another format
(Sourcebooks, etc.).  Instead of spinning our wheels with repetitive
articles, we'll be able to move forward to discussions similar to the
"zing" discussions here on piano tech.

Richard West
University of Nebraska
rwest@unlinfo.edu