bridge caps - or not

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Wed, 28 Dec 1994 08:37:39 -0600 (CST)

Has anyone done much renotching of 'capless' bridges during repinning?
I have not yet had the opportunity to do this but I suspect that it
might be something of a challenge (to put it lightly).

Also, I wonder if there is a greater or lesser tendancy for strings to
sink down into the top of a capless bridge necessitating renotching in
the first place.  I am, of course, assuming the capless bridge is built
of verticle laminations as opposed to some other arrangement.  It is my
understanding that, as capless bridges go, this is the arrangement of
choice considering some rather serious drawbacks inherent in the other
possible designs.  Thoughts, anyone?

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu