STOP SHOUTING

Rick.Florence@asu.edu Rick.Florence@asu.edu
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 13:46:46 -0700

At the risk of sounding like some sort of etiquette advisor to the
masses...I wonder if many people realize that their messages may be
offending others.

I quote from "internet" Nov/Dec 1994 issue, page 25

        DON'T SHOUT.  It's a no-no in every netiquette guide you'll ever
see and it deserves repeating.  When you use all capital letters, it means
you are shouting...Use asterisks for emphasis.  Unfortunately, the medium
for most messages on the Internet is ASCII text-upper and lower case
letters, numbers, and punctuation.  You can't boldface, underline, or
italicize.  So if you *really* want to draw attention to something, set off
a word in asterisks, or use all caps for a word or two, but PLEASE don't do
it often.  All things in moderation.

Ok.  I'm off of my soap box now.  Hope you all have a great Christmas -
excepting of course Jack Reeves.  Sorry Jack, It has been a year now since
I have experienced real snow (or any snow for that matter) and your Snow
Bird comments still cause me pain.

----
Rick Florence, Piano Technician
 Arizona State University School of Music
 Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
 Phone (602)965-6760