December Journal issue

John Minor jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 22:29:09 -0600

On Tue, 13 Dec 1994, Michael Wathen 556-9565 wrote:

> The cover is a MAJOR embarrassment!  Who is in charge of Journal
> esthetics?  Several years ago I fought for our music library to
> subscribe to the Journal.  I even solicited back issues that were
> bound going all the way back to 1976.  Every month I see the
> Journal in our library alongside other musical journals with a
> sense of pride.  But this month....  Think of all the persons who
> will in the years to come pull this journal off the shelves to
> complete some academic research on, lets say, Equal Temperament
> Usage during the latter part of the nineteenth century.  The
> cover????
>
> Am I decieving myself?  Are not most of us college educated?
> Don't many of us work in academic institutions.  It appears
> to cheapen our image.  Aren't we trying to market ourselves?  Is
> this ridiculous?  Tacky, Tacky........

Michael: As one who is NOT college educated, I've learned the truth
found in the age old saying: "Never judge a book by it's cover!"

Merry Christmas to you, too.! ; )

   Age at which a child's belief in Santa Claus peaks: 4---Harpers Index
     jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu//Piano Technician//University of Illinois