[CAUT] Fwd: Mason & Hamlin soundboard model with tuning fork

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Fri May 11 18:03:32 MDT 2012

Yup, that's pretty much it. I've been looking for a simple demonstration
setup but that hasn't happened yet. What I do know is that the demo setup
proving that you can make a board resonant at A=440 Hz but wedging it up
from one side doesn't tell us much of anything about how soundboards work.
Or about soundboard crown. Or about the interaction between strings and
soundboards. About the only thing that device proves is that somebody in
marketing didn't know much about how soundboards work. And that he or
she--probably he--didn't really want to learn about anything that might
upset his cheap and easy demo setup.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.515.0119 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com