[CAUT] loose drops

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Wed Nov 9 14:07:12 MST 2011

It's a problem....   and they are difficult to reinstall once you glue size
the hole, since the end is round.  If you have an old set of Renner parts
laying around the end on those drops fits a 5mm socket perfectly so just
screw them in from the bottom.  It's not recommended to randomly apply CA
to all of them since some will end up being way to tight and slot will
break when you turn them.  I learned that trying just a few and ended up
just replacing them with Renner screws.  Fortunately I have thousands of
those around in the shop.

good luck,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College