[CAUT] lead corrosion

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 14:48:46 MST 2011

This means that in addition to the lead found in the pine keys, what accelerates the lead corrosion is the presence of wool, lacquer and glues inside the piano.

We have a LOT of lead corrosion in Hawaii. I guess in addition to the chemicals and products in the piano, the salt air probably contributes to the lead corrosion as well.

Do you techs who work on pianos along any of the coasts have similar problems?

Wim