[CAUT] Moving Grand Pianos Intra-Department

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Dec 5 09:22:27 MST 2011

Well, we have an odd building.  There are 3 steps in the middle of the
first floor and the basement floor!  If a piano has to go from the north
end to the south end, we have to push it outside and around! Lots of fun
in the Nebraska winters...  Not sure why the architect designed it that
way. I think he was experimenting with cannibus products in the early 60's
;>).  There is no physical way to get any of the concert grands to the
shop, a 7' grand just barely fits in the elevator, and the 2 big
harpsichords we have must be tipped up to 45 degrees to fit in the
elevator. At least they're not heavy.

Paul