[CAUT] Moving Grand Pianos Intra-Department

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 18:06:44 MST 2011

I once thought I could save some money, so I asked the facilities guys
to move an upright.  I don't do that anymore.  They didn't take
direction very well and of course they all, individually, knew the
best way, while I was standing there being ignored.  Never again.

If an upright needs to be moved more than a couple of feet, I'll get a
couple of students to help put it on a dolly etc.  For grands, the
college has to hire movers.  Movers are worth every penny. All the
reasons David S cited were right on.  If the piano is damaged, what
happens next?  If a person is damaged, then what?