[CAUT] recital policy

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 31 21:06:30 MDT 2010

In Steve Brady's great book "Under the Lid", he wrote he couldn't understand why concert technicians, who had prepared/tuned the piano, didn't attend the concerts.   It certainly seems like a good idea, but I  wondered how does he get paid?   Since he is attending the concerts anyway, why pay him for standby...right?   Steve also insisted on tuning before rehearsal whenever possible, talking with the pianist after rehearsal and then tuning before the concert and then attending...?   I may have a little of that incorrect, but basically that was what I got from reading that section of the book.   Who is paying for all his time?   Maybe someone could explain it to me?   For me, it was unrealistic...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044