[CAUT] The fundamental - Where is it?

Don Mannino DMannino at kawaius.com
Mon Mar 29 16:33:58 MDT 2010

Works best to

- Wear gloves
- Do it at the exact center.
- Push down with a thumb then let the string slip out sideways.  Keep
the fingernails away - just use the sides of your thumbs

It depends on the piano what you will hear.  I just tried it on a
concert grand, there is plenty of low rumbling tone.  On a 5" grand, the
movement could be seen easily, but no sound besides the small amount of
partials I got going.

Don Mannino

  _____