[CAUT] Appropriate Piano for Small Recital Hall

Paul Milesi, RPT paul at pmpiano.com
Thu Mar 25 08:17:37 MDT 2010

Laurence,

Thanks for all your input.  I agree with you on your many excellent
suggestions, but none are really options for us.  Unfortunately, we "lost" a
beautiful Mason prior to my arrival a year ago.  No one here seemed to know
what they had (pinblocks and hammers were bad, apparently), and in
ignorance, they agreed to trade out 4-5 beautiful pianos, including a
Steinway A, a Mason and 3 Baldwins -- in return for 3 Grand and 5 upright
[Young Chang] Webers!!!  :(  Yes, I am so unhappy about it, but it is water
over the dam.  So I am now in a mode of saving what piano assets are left,
and they are still considerable, including 10 Baldwin Rs and Ls, the
Steinway D, and 4 other Steinway S, M, Ls.  Budgets are tight, and we do
what we can.

Paul
--
Paul Milesi, RPT