[CAUT] Piano Storage Room

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 17 14:16:40 MDT 2010

Wow!
Ed
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Hofstetter" <dianepianotuner at msn.com>
To: "College and University Technicians" <caut at ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:34 PM
Subject: [CAUT] Piano Storage Room

At LCC we  are using two dataloggers, one belongs to me, the second to the
college.  They were quick to agree to purchase the second one, when they saw
how mine works and heard the price.

Mine cost $70 about three years ago, theirs cost $82 about three months ago.
They are thinking about buying a couple more of them to monitor the Kawai
UST-9's for awhile.

The data loggers are available at Measurement Computing:
http://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acquisition/USB-502.aspx

Software is included with the datalogger, which automatically graphs your
temp, humidity and dew point.  It can also be exported to Excel, which I
always do to play around with the graphs (like what is the situation at
midnight every day of the month?)

I usually break the data down into weekly reports so that I can eventually
have an overview of an entire year's temp and humidity swings.

Diane Hofstetter

John-
Dampp Chaser Corp. has recording monitors which they sometimes loan to
institutional technicians.
They might be interested in getting some numbers from Nova Scotia.
Ed Sutton

Diane Hofstetter      =