[CAUT] Piano Storage Room

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Mar 15 13:26:40 MDT 2010

Hi Susan,
Unfortunately, the Physical Plant does not check the controlled room
enough, even when it is suggested.
So I feel that the room is not consistent.
I put one of the registering hygrometer/thermometers in the room, and
when I checked it, the humidity, had apparently gone to 69%.
I can't remember when I reset it.
It is just a contract where I tune all the pianos (40) twice a year,
and the 3 concert grands 10 times through the school year.
They only let me do extra, when they have no choice, saying they can't
afford it.
They are checking the controlled room today.
The D in the box on stage, was really close.
Thank you for the reply, obviously, mine isn't a good controlled room.
Best,
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia