[CAUT] Mythbusters

Albert Picknell agghubii at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 9 09:35:03 MST 2010

Somebody at Steinway is listening.  NY is already producing pianos with a high-gloss finish.  Also, Kent Webb was here at the Banff Centre a few weeks ago, and he basically told me that NY is likely going to adopt the Hamburg sostenuto and cheek-block hardware systems in the very near future.  However, they have no intention of changing anything at either factory directly related to tone production (bellying process, hammers, etc.), as they want to maintain the distinct tonal qualities of the two instruments.

Cheers,
Bert