[CAUT] Shimming the Steinway Action Stack

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Mon Mar 8 20:55:23 MST 2010

So I gather that most of you consider this a time to re-hammer with
longer hammers.  I was hoping that shimming the stack would allow use
of normal hammers (stock or alternatives).

Regarding the capstan wippen cushion interface crossing the line at
almost full dip in the bass (as opposed to about half dip in the
treble) would you consider relocating the bass end of the stack
(higher /?) to help remedy that?

I suppose Ds also benefit from selecting the hammer line in the treble
too?

Anything else?

Andrew Anderson