[CAUT] Mythbusters

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 10:08:56 MST 2010

4. Whoever thought up the brass covered action rails?  Steinway is the only company to make them that way, and I'd like to know why they're so much better to continue being the only company that continues with this strange design.
5.  Steinway "invented" the sostenuto.

Richard,

Seeing these two points consecutively begs another question: Whoever thought up mounting the sostenuto rod on the action brackets; if it's such a great idea, why don't others do it (including Steinways made in Hamburg); and there plans to unify sos. rod location between the two Steinway factories?

Alan Eder