[CAUT] Material data safety sheets

Allan Schumacker Allan.Schumacker at ncc.edu
Sat Mar 6 07:30:05 MST 2010

Fred,

Typically one contacts the manufacturer of the product for the MSDS
on the product in question. That said, try the manufacturer's web
page, if there is one. Some  manufacturers may have MSDS available
for download posted on their web site. That said, try the retailer
(Home Depot, Lowes, etc) that sells the product.  I've heard that by
law,  the retailer is required to carry the MSDS sheets for all the
chemicals they sell. I don't know if this requirement is state or
federal law. Collecting those MSDS sheets is a lot of work, but that
goes with the job.

As you get them, you might as well take the time to read them. They
can be very informative.

Good luck!

Allan N. Schumacker, RPT
Nassau Community College