[CAUT] Piano Preferences

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Mar 5 15:48:03 MST 2010

I don't really have a formal outline just some random notes scribbled
together (if I can find them).  The basic outline is:   1.  High and low
tension scales and the tonal differences 2.  Soundboard design differences
and issues , scale soundboard design matching, how soundboards change with
age  3. Hammer interactions with each of those, limits of voicing, hammer
choice, good and bad matches, etc.

Del Fandrich and his book "Piano Tone Building"  is an invaluable source.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com