[CAUT] Friday puzzler

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Jun 27 13:31:34 MDT 2010

>But WHY did this action behave before I took the stack off the first
>time to raise up all the sharps as they were too low?  This is a
>natural key which had nothing done other than raise up the blow
>distance a bit? Why I always get the weird stuff is beyond me!

So, it sounds like the keydip is the same as before? But you had to
turn up the capstan?

Have you made sure that the tail clears the backcheck all the way along?

Have you checked to be sure none of those leads are sticking out a little?

Have you tried adjusting the rep lever height, made sure the spring slot
is smooth and not full of goop, and tried different spring tensions?

Just what I'd do ...

Susan