[CAUT] Hammers

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jun 23 21:06:23 MDT 2010

One other thing, the "boom" you are looking for may or may not be available in the way you are thinking on this belly.  The design tends to discourage that type of tonal response and going to a harder hammer can simply result in a more percussive attack but not necessarily get you the "boom" that you want.  You might also try adding some weight to the hammers that are on there using binder clips.  See if a more massive but still soft hammer produces something more to your liking.  You can deal with the touchweight issue later.  Adding weight that way is also easily reversible.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com