[CAUT] Hammers

William R. Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Jun 23 13:30:27 MDT 2010

Alan,

You might consider talking with the folks at S&S NY. They are
experimenting with a firmer pressed felt that requires far less
lacquer than their standard. They have already put this hammer on a
few pianos (I was told in April, when I was there) and the response
has been positive.

The design intent is to produce a hammer that requires much less
hardener - basically more like S&S Hamburg (my interpretation here).
They may be willing to supply these if you ask nicely. ;-)

William R. Monroe