[CAUT] Hammers

Greg Granoff Gregory.Granoff at humboldt.edu
Wed Jun 23 13:10:18 MDT 2010

Hi Alan,

I've really been liking Wally's Abel Naturals lately.  Medium weight hammer,
plenty of power right out of the box, and a really nice color range without
being brassy except at the very top perhaps where they are easy to voice
down.  Hardly any filing except for string mating as necessary; mostly just
shoulder needling for more openness in the mid and treble, and some light
crown needling to get evenness of attack. The one D I put them on here has
become a favorite.  Big, round sound, good sustain, brilliance and power
when you want it, plenty of warmth at the more moderate dynamic ranges.
Quite stable once settled in.

Hope that helps,

Greg Granoff

Humboldt State U.